Monday, February 7, 2011

I love winter, but...

I think I'm over it. That's saying a lot, because I really do love winter and snow and cold weather and all that....but I'm over it. Last week with the ice storm and preparing for power outages kinda put me over the top. Then coming back to 6-8 inches of snow after we were in Ohio and they had some interesting weather there. Remember, I love winter, I loved having 4 (yes, 4) days off last week to study for my GRE and research my paper and spend time at home...but enough was enough after that. Yet, I cannot let all that pass without praising God for keeping us safe during the ice storm and keeping our power on. Practically the entire state was preparing for the worse, especially our area of the state after the power outage of 2005, and our family never lost power...so so thankful that after preparing for the worst, we were spared. We still had to dig ourselves out of at least an inch of ice and more snow, but at least we had a warm house to go back into after we shoveled.



There are other things going on besides the weather, I guess :) I'm studying for my GRE that I will be taking on March 19th. Some people think I'm nuts for spending money to prepare for the test (I got 2 used prep books on amazon), but I'll tell you, the review is helpful. It's all pretty overwhelming, and I'm getting anxious to get it over with. After that test, I'll start working on the actual application to grad school at Ball State. Part of that application includes a "scholarly work" of about 8-10 pages on an area within my field. So, I chose to write a paper on modern ESL in China and Li Yang Crazy English. Should be an interesting paper, something I'm finding more info on everyday it seems. How I'll turn it into an actual paper, I have no idea. Pray for me :) I'd really like to start school by next semester, so I have a lot to do.
Meanwhile, Raul is doing really well with classes. I married a smart guy :)

1 comment:

Davis Family said...

I am so with you on being over winter. Not that I'm really a winter person to begin with, but I don't mind a little cold and snow. But this year has been too much!

Hope your studying goes well. Matt bought review books when he was studying and I think they were totally worth the money.