Not really sure where February went, but it seems like I blinked and it's March already. Probably a lot of that had to do with all the snow and weird weather, in addition to things going on at work and my parents leaving for Florida. It was a busy month.
I'm probably turning into the queen of the procrastinators and not ending my 20's on a good note into "true" adulthood. My GRE studying is practically nonexistent. I've probably really studied once in the past 2 weeks. Sad. If we get the weather they say we're going to on Saturday and Sunday (tons of rain), I'm going to hibernate and study...in theory. I haven't touched my research for my paper or even figured how to even organize it. I'm just...I'm not in the mood. That sounds awful, but unfortuantely it's true. So instead, the GRE will probably end up on a wish and a prayer before the 19th, and the paper will be put on the back burner until spring break in 3 weeks. then there's my actual application, personal statement, references, getting transcripts from IWU. Lots to do.
God has been teaching me so much lately (there's that prayer for Him to do a new thing in 2011...He's been hard at work, that's for sure). So much of it has come from everything at church...Sunday school, the Sunday services, and what my growth group is studying. It's really amazing how God has orchestrated all 3 of those aspects to mesh together so well into one big tug at my heart. But something else He's been showing me in my personal life is the idea of sacrifice and giving up things that are important to me. One, though it may seem silly, was our trip to Florida with my parents. It didn't work out, much to our disappointment, and though I understand why...no one likes missing out on a vacation that you look forward to every year. The other part of this lesson in sacrifice is Lent. Starting next Wednesday and until Easter, I (and Raul) will be giving up facebook. I've heard of friends doing this before and how good it was to engage in real connections with people, and not just on facebook. I need that in my life. After years of living behind a firewall where internet activity was restricted, it may be crazy to voluntarily give up something internet-related, but you know...I'm actually looking forward to it. I haven't forgotten that it's coming up in less than a week, and I realize that my birthday falls during that 40 days, but you know what...I survived 25 birthdays without facebook. It's just fine :) If you want to reach me at all, you'll have to do it the old-fashioned way...email or cell phone :)
1 comment:
I think that's pretty amazing that you are giving up FB. It really can be a way to keep up with people, but never really communicate with them. I'll be excited to hear what God teaches you during that time.
Post a Comment