Thursday, January 15, 2009

reading the Word...at warp speed

So I can't even explain how helpful it's been to make this commitment to read the Word in 90 days. Many of you have been encouraging me (and Raul) in this, and it's so exciting.

For some reason, I didn't falter in the decision to do it, which amazes me, but at the same time, I knew that we wouldn't be able to do it without a lot of pr behind it. So everyday, as we pr together, we've been asking for help along the way, discipline and determination to keep going. And it's really made the difference from the last time I tried to do this (namely because I wanted to do something "cool"...horrible reason, by the way). But this time, I tried to make sure I was doing it for the right reasons and was really determined in my heart and spirit to do it, and do it right. And so far...so good.

Not only that, but I'm learning so much from doing this. I've been a C for a very long time, but I've never really been able to appreciate the Word as a story. But now...wow. I look forward to reading everyday, diving more into this story as it unfolds. And when you read the Word in pieces (as I'd done my whole life), you never really see how the pieces (especially of the early OT) unfold and connect, particulary from the end of Genesis to the beginning of Exodus. But yesterday, I was really seeing these pieces connect right in front of me...and it was exciting!

These are just some of the little things that have really struck my heart at the beginning of this experience...and I can't wait to keep going :) It's the only thing calming my heart during the craziness of finishing this semester. This has been an insane week, literally, but the effect of reading the Word is really making a difference.

1 comment:

Artemis said...

i've only been to pukou once heh it was to visit the Nanjing university of Technology, very big campus... im back in my hometown now which is Huai'an at the north of Nanjing.. spring festival is coming so HAPPY HOLIDAY!~~ :-D