Monday, January 12, 2009

aww!

This is really sad, and made me tear up just a bit...

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28605628/

In fact, two of my students (Jenny from English track, and Steven from Middle School E) are reading his biography in Korean right now, so it's been fun to talk to them about Dungy's life, faith, and even the little tidbit that he visited IWU last year :)

**edit
With all the stupid stuff you read on the internet about celebrities and the mess they make of their lives, it's so encouraging to read how much people appreciate the life and example set by Tony Dungy. Already on msnbc.com there are a few articles talking about how much people admire Tony Dungy because he's not like all the morons involved in sports nowadays. How refreshing to see someone living out their faith and not being ridiculed for it but instead praised and even admired. I, for one, really look up to this man, and I look forward to seeing what he does to live out his faith now that he's in retirement.

1 comment:

Deven said...

Sigh. I hear ya, sister.