Sunday, January 11, 2009

the commitment

Well, here it is...I'm putting it on my blog for all to see, so that means the decision is final and y'all need to keep me accountable over the next 3 months.

I'm ashamed to say that I've never read the Word straight through, and there are some books I just avoid reading altogether (the Chronicles, for example). But I've decided that I'm going to do a 90-day through the Word schedule. The radio station I listen to from back home, wgnr, has a 90-day schedule on their site...you can check it out at wgnr.org... and I've decided to start it tomorrow.

I'm asking that this time I'll truly stay committed. I guess it helps that some of it will be while I'm on vacation, so that should make it easier. But honestly...I really want to do this. I need to do this. I need to finish it, too. I started a reading schedule my second year in China that was supposed to be a whole year...I barely made it 3 weeks. So please...if you could remember me in your thoughts, ask that I'll be committed, that I'll perservere, and that He'll teach me so much. I've already started writing the schedule in a journal so that I can jot down my thoughts as I read, and just the thought of that is getting me excited. Ask that the excitement will continue as I go along and dive in the Word.

2 comments:

Davis Family said...

Wow! 90 days through the Word sounds intense. I'll definitely pray for determination and commitment for you. You can pray the same for me as I have committed to read it through in a year. But my goal sounds easy compared to yours. :)

Anonymous said...

I'll do it with you. You know I listen to the station, too.
love you,
mom