Sunday, October 26, 2008

sigh

Well, I wasn't going to post this tonight, but after watching some news bits on youtube, I feel I need to.

Once again I'll reiterate that I'm so glad I'm over here for this election. Though I know we'll be there for the aftermath, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I'm getting tired, as I know many of us are. But I'm a little more than tired, I'm growing more and more concerned with every passing day. Each time I get on yahoo or msnbc, I just cringe with the latest reports of political attacks, controversies, lies, cover-ups, relationships and associations, etc....the list goes on.

This morning during the service, in the midst of the corporate pr time, He spoke to me and told me... "Catie, you need to pr about what could happen after this election." I thought about that for a minute...about how frustrated I've been with both parties lately, how I'm not sure I want either one to be a president (I almost wish there was a decent 3rd party to vote for). At first, I didn't know what I was being burdened to pr for. But then He laid it on my heart...people I know who have changed their party lines because of this election, conservatives and liberals who engage in nasty attacks...and others. I know who I had to pr for. I felt called to just cry out for my country in the aftermath of this election...not just for the leaders but for the citizens of the US who are so divided because of what's happening. Some people will be bitter and angry and may just give up on the US if their candidate doesn't win (don't disagree with me, you know it's true), but is that the right response? Of course not. Bitterness, anger, negativity...none of that helps. No matter who is elected, it'll take a long time for the US to get back on the right track, and people will be griping about it because their candidate could have fixed it better and more efficiently. None of that matters. To me, the bottom line is that even though we may not have a Father-fearing man in the White House, we need someone who can be molded and shaped by His hand. And we need people in the US who will look past their passionate political stands and will earnestly cry out for our nation and its leader.

Maybe this blog doesn't make sense...probably because I'm still working out how I feel about everything. But I do know how upset I am when I see all this negativity. You can feel it, even from over here...and it's not good. It's not His heart, people. It's just not. And His heart is not Republican or Democrat...no matter what some evangelicals will tell you. I'm sorry, but it's true. So no matter where you stand, give up your partisanship for one second and just cry out to Him.

Though I hate all that's happening, I'm thankful for the effect that it's had on my own life. Up until a couple months ago, I could have cared less about what happened in the US election, but then He burdened me to care a bit more by revealing things to me, showing me that I needed to care. The US, with all its problems, is still my home, and I needed to pr. So I started...and it's just escalated. I won't go into a lot of details (you might think I'm nuts if I tell you all of it), but I know how He's been speaking to me.

What's He saying to you? If you understood anything of what I just said, please comment.

No comments: