So I tried to contact a therapist in Nanjing about this little addiction problem I have, but she was too busy watching the Olympics to help me ;)
But seriously, it's not so bad that our dvd player is on the fritz and we can't afford to buy a new one til we get paid. The Olympics is on 3 different CCTV channels all day long, so for once, we're watching Chinese tv. And they show everything, even the incredibly nap-worthily boring shooting competitions (hand me a pillow). So they show everything, but they didn't show US basketball versus Greece. I was pretty upset since instead they showed 3 other sports, and China wasn't playing any of them! Grrrr. My favorites so far are watching swimming, some gymnastics, a little badminton, some volleyball, and very few weightlifters (though I have to put it on mute...the grunting gets to be annoying). If I hear the Chinese national anthem one more time, though, I might be...well, ya know. I know they're pulling out all the stops this year, though, and I commend that. It's just, well...you can only hear a song so many times ;)
So since we've been back we've seen a total of 4 friends, Britt and Guido and this afternoon, Bryant and Cherry. It's good to be back with friends we'd missed, and I'm looking forward to seeing the Darileks (finally with Elizabeth!) on Saturday as well as the rest of NICF on Sunday. Tomorrow...time to try out the new Subway that just opened! Bryant told us today that it was really good, and so far, the Chinese aren't paying much attention, so we can enjoy our subs in quiet :) Yay.
Be blessed, and GO USA!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment