- I've teared up everytime I've been able to watch Phelps get his gold medal and hear the US national anthem. Unlike another anthem, I can't hear this one enough, and it makes me homesick everytime.
- I'm touched that even though he's won so many gold medals and he might be bored with it by now, Phelps still tears up a little bit during the national anthem, too. I think that starts my waterworks.
- Raul and I stayed up to watch the US/China women's volleyball game last night. So amazing, right down to the last few points... and I was ecstatic! Almost kicked my husband out for cheering for China (what's up with that?), but when we won, all was forgiven :) Such a good game!
- I'm hoping CCTV will finally start showing US basketball. It's annoying that they didn't show the last one, and they might not show the US/Spain game tonight either.
- I'm not sure what kind of stuff US tv shows about China during the Olympics, but if anyone has questions, please ask. I'm glad for the exposure that China is getting, the good and the bad, so if it sparks questions that you want clarification on or a second opinion on, feel free to ask me.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment