Monday, March 17, 2008

hmmm

Well, it seems that several sites are blocked for the time being, yahoo being one of them, so if I don't reply to an email, y'all will know why. I think hotmail is okay though. If you're not sure why they're blocked, just head on over to msnbc (or any other American site that I can't seem to get on...youtube, etc) and take a look at what's happening in the western part of China land right now. Please lift up that area of the country...it's a mess. Things here are fine, but I've received 3 emails from my consulate and embassy about it, not to travel, etc.

In other, less tense news...we made it through the school horrors of last week. It was really rought going most of the week, and it still has us contemplating a job change what could be our last year in China. Not sure. But needless to say, Raul and I could use your thoughts on our behalf. We just want to make the right decision, particularly if, indeed, this is our last year.

I'll try to put up a couple photos from yesterday's baby shower for Jean, a Zambian in the fellowship who is due sometime between my birthday and the wedding (how's that for fun timing?). It was a great "cultural" baby shower with all of us wearing the traditional baby scarf/slings in different ethnic prints, and for lunch we had traditional African food, including foofoo (no idea how to spell it, but that's what it sounds like), a dense corn meal (no taste, but most staple foods don't). The afternoon was really nice, and fun for Jean as well.

SO much more going on with school this week and part of next week, but thankfully, we'll be getting 3 days off next week...so excited about that, I'm sure it'll help me get through this week.

Well...we can hope :)

No comments: