So now it's May. But first...here's what happened in April.
I turned 32. I had a wonderful birthday with a couple of trips to the Vera Bradley (what has become some sort of tradition for me in my 30s), singing with the CWC choir, and lunch with my wonderful husband, parents, and brother.
We celebrated our 5th (that's right, 5th!) wedding anniversary somewhat early with a trip to Indy to see Lea Salonga in concert with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra. Wonderful day and a wonderful date with my hubby...something we don't get to do nearly often enough. And he was really excited to get to meet one of his idols, someone that most Filipinos look up (and certain American musical theater/Disney junkies).
And my family's "other kid", my German sister, Simone came to visit for 2 short days. She was next door in Ohio for a work conference and flew over to see us. I hadn't seen her in 14 years while my family had seen a couple times since then (I was always in Europe or Asia, it seemed). It was like no time had past and nothing had really changed. Except we're a lot older.... there is that.
April was a great month, but a very busy month. I got super busy with classes and working and just trying to keep up. And I know May is going to be more of the same, at least for the first 2 1/2 weeks while I finish school. And 2 weeks from today we'll be in Kansas to see our dear friend Megan get married. The month is going to fly by, for sure.
There's so much more I wanted to write about the things that happened in the past month. Perhaps when school is over and I'm trying to figure out how to spend the summer before my last semester of grad school... perhaps.


No comments:
Post a Comment