Tuesday, February 19, 2013

He Leadeth Me

He leadeth me, He leadeth me,
By His own hand He leadeth me;
His faithful follower I would be,
For by His hand He leadeth me

Gosh, there really are no coincidences. When God is trying to teach you something, He finds a way to just hammer it in there so there's absolutely no mistaking that He is trying to get through to you.

It started with the Soulshift series at our church, moving from asking God for things to simply listening to Him and learning how to do that. Then, I decided to give up sweets for Lent because, though we're still not directly hearing from Him about our future plans, I heard Him tell me to make this sacrifice to take some of that noise (aka sweets) out of my life and treat my body better. Then, on Ash Wednesday at church, I see that the floor of church's atrium has been made to look like a labyrinth, a prayer walk signifying following God. The name of the Lenten series at church is Follow. Okay, God, I get it. Then this Lenten devotional I'm reading...today's meditation based on a hymn was He Leadeth Me, taken from Psalm 23.

I really have no idea where He is leading us, and we may not know until it's just the right time for us to know, but I guess that's the point of all this...as long as we follow.

Okay, Lord, I get it.

No comments: