Because I am doing a horrible job of exhibiting an attribute of thankfulness, I'm going to strive to do better at that this month. Starting with November 1, which would be today, there are many things I am thankful for, but I'll just pick one. I am thankful for fall. I'm thankful for cooler weather and rain after months of drought in Indiana. I'm thankful for the abundance of fall clothes that I have too much of that keep me warm in this weather. I'm thankful for the chance I had to experience a very fall-in-Indiana activity a couple of Sundays ago...my very first Colts game. For some this may not be a once-in-a-lifetime experience because maybe they go all the time, but for me, this was a big deal. I've been a Colts fan for most of my life, back to the days when Harbaugh was the quarterback and going to the Super Bowl was just a dream...and waaaay back when the training camp was in Anderson (the time before last) and Body Shop went to help out at training camp one year. Yeah, a long time ago. As an adult...I'm an even bigger fan. I had been in Lucas Oil once before for the draft party, had been to several training camp days, but this was the very first time I experienced an NFL game with all the excitement and energy in that stadium. Something I'll never forget. And I'm thankful to my parents for giving one of their tickets to me so I could go. And the fact that the Colts won? I'll pretend they won just for me :)
What are you thankful for today?
1 comment:
I'm thankful for a home in which to live when many don't have that luxury. Furthermore, I'm thankful this home has electricity and running water; heat and multiple methods to cook. I'm thankful my children have a safe place to play... and oh yeah, I'm thankful for them too. :o) I'm thankful for a Christian husband so we have a solid, unified foundation on which our family is built... and that we live in a country where we can still exercise freedom of religion.
...and a whole bunch of other stuff too. ;o)
Post a Comment