Friday, September 7, 2012

beginning of the year

So those us of who are students or teachers...and those of us who are blessed (uh, yeah) to be both...don't really measure a new year in January. It starts in August. Yes, August. The school year starts earlier and earlier every year. But I digress.

Anyway. So with the beginning of this new year comes Catie's lack of blogs. And with the political climate such as it is, it's probably a good thing I don't blog...I'd probably spew lots of frustration with being in the US during a presidential election year. If you're on fb with me, you know I've already complained about having to be here and not abroad...so over this. I'd go on a facebook fast if I didn't desperately need communication with some friends to keep me sane. How did you all survive this 4 years ago and 8 years ago?

Again, I digress. The begining of a new year has kept me busy. I've been subbing off an on (it's a slow start, but it's a start), and last week my 3rd semester at The New School began. I am taking 2 awesome classes this term, sociolinguistics and curriculum development. Both are off to a great start, and I'm already learning so much, but they will definitely keep me busy as all get out until December 16th. At the same time, I'm really excited to get closer to my goal of graduating with my MA and pursuing this career even more in-depth. I'm getting more into my passion: administration and teacher development, so it's a TESOL geek's dream for me this term :)

Raul has also had some new beginnings with a new job (again), and it's going well. It's a new challenge for him, and so far it's been great for him as well. Meeting new people, having new experiences as a CNA...it's all good. We're really blessed to be where we are right now. God is moving, He's working, and we're thankful.

No comments: