Sunday, April 1, 2012

31

 

This month I'll be turning 31. I thought about all the ways I could make the most of that number...31. While there are not many, I tried. As I told my friend Julie the other day, the monumental birthdays are over. It's all downhill from here. While I'm not sure I believe that completely, it feels true. Anyway. So, I considered buying myself a 31 Gift item in honor of my 31st, but I couldn't find anything (to my chagrin) in their catalog that I absolutely needed. Don't you hate when that happens? I'll just have to wait until the Vera outlet sale 2 days before my birthday....again, ANYWAY.


Then I remembered, I have this devotional I've been really excited to start reading ever since I bought it. I've been reading through devotionals about Godly women. It started with this women's devo Raul got me for Christmas in '10. Then last spring I joined that with the devotional I just ended (hence the timing to start this one) that tackled a different woman in Scripture every week. I rarely hang on to devotionals after I finish them, but this one I will. It would make a great Bible study. Then at the beginning of this year, I started another one in tandem with that one after finishing the first one, this one about Christian women throughout history...and it gives a different woman everyday. The theme continues with my newest devotional, Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be, focusing on the woman described in Proverbs 31.


I glanced through the introduction and "getting ready" part of the book today, and let me tell ya...it's pretty hard core. Lots of "homework", planning, organizing...it's intense. I'm not sure how on-track I'll be with the extras, but the actual Bible study and Scripture memorization are things I'm really excited about. We'll see how I feel in 90 days...I'll let you know. I already have a friend who I promised a review of it, too, so I'm sure I'll be posting it on here as well.


I pray all of you are having a great start to your Holy Week. Take time to reflect this week on what Christ has done for you and just how much He loves you. 

1 comment:

Cameron and Andrea Fitch said...

I would love to know about this book, too! I have a stack of devotionals to do, but I always love a new one.