Next Wednesday, Ash Wednesday, I am going to do something for the 2nd year in a row.
I'm going to give up facebook for Lent...and I can't wait.
Last year's season of Lent taught me so much, and I really got excited about doing it again. With everything that's been going on in our lives, I know that this break from social media is something that I need. Last year it came at a time where I needed a reprieve because of work stress, health stuff, and applying for grad school. This year, it's part of my celebration of some of that stress being gone, but at the same time, wanting to enjoy my spring break in Florida, really focus on class work, and spend time with Raul when he's not working. I realized last year how much I avoid the internet if I'm not on facebook, and, except for the fact that I take online classes, I hope to do that this year as well.
I still need my email, namely for my dear friends that live abroad, so that will stay. I still want to use this blog as a way to express my thoughts (and for those few who read them). And I'll still check news sites periodically...but I won't do it through facebook. Maybe someday I'll be able to give up facebook completely, but starting next week, I'm going to to enjoy a 40-day silence.
Friday, February 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you! I've been gone from Facebook since September (I think) and for the most part, I don't really miss it.
Post a Comment