- Though, so far, I'm not getting as much out of "giving up something for Lent" as I did last year, I am wasting a lot less time while working on school work by not being tempted to hop on over to facebook. I did a solid 4 1/2-5 hours of studying today. I got quite a bit done, but I have a lot of re-reading to do, too. This grammar class is not easy at all...even for a grammar geek like me.
- Emails have become even more special since the start of Lent. Not too many people email me, mostly girlfriends in Nanjing and a friend in Texas, but they're still great to see :)
-Thanks to some help from family, we were able to get a 2nd used car last weekend. It's such an awesome blessing to both have a car to drive now, I can't even tell you. So so thankful. Between that and Raul's job and other blessings, it's been so great to not feel so stressed.
- Looking forward to a vacation in a week and a couple days. Unfortunately, Raul doesn't get to go to Florida with me because of the new job, but we're both okay with it. I'll go down the 2nd week of my parents' time share and spend time with my mom and my aunt and uncle (who are also coming down). Should be good times. I'm looking forward to some time on the beach and reading books that don't have to do with grammar or cultural issues.
-Very random thought: I love The Voice. If I had to choose between it and American Idol (didn't even watch X Factor), I don't think there's a question which I would pick. I love all the teams, but I'm rooting for Adam and Blake again this year.
I hope you all are having a great end to February (seriously, where on earth did it go?) and are, if you're in Indiana, enjoying the warmer weather...for now :)
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment