Fall is my favorite season. The following is a list of the reasons why :)
-pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks
-pumpkin fro yo at JuJuBerry
-pumpkin bread, doughnuts...basically pumpkin pastries (are we noticing a theme here?)
-hot apple cider (and cider doughnuts, just in case you thought I was done with the pastry theme)
-chili (why are all these food so far?)
-football games (there...we've gotten away from food)
-gorgeous leaves
-trips to Brown County (going on one tomorrow)
-colder weather...which means hoodie sweatshirts, my all-time favorite thing to wear
I'm reminding myself of His wonderful creation, displayed to me through the changing of seasons as I have just been through a week full of distractions. I have my first big assignment due on Monday, and it's been pretty far from my mind as I've had a friend's current health situation weigh heavy on my heart. It's hard to stay focused when you're concerned about a friend who is physically far away from you and all you really want to do is hop on a plane to be with her. But at the same time, I look out the window as I'm writing this and can almost see the change in the air. The God I serve can heal my dear friend and sister, and He is the same God who creates beautiful things.
That's a huge jumble of thoughts, but that's what I'm reflecting on tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment