Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas break part 2

Christmas Eve with the Whitmores...Brandon came up for the afternoon and dinner
then we opened presents...I had a few favorites (I loved all my gifts) and these 2 were just about the top of the list...Mary Beth Chapman's new book (started it yesterday and love it) and a Going Home Barbie (I said Welcome Home Barbie on fb...that was wrong). I'd first read about it in an issue of Marie Claire a few months ago. They are given to families who adopt Chinese babies and stay at a certain hotel in Guangzhou or Shenzhen. This particular doll my mom found for me on ebay is from the hotel in Guangzhou. I think it's pretty special to have one, and along with Mary Beth's book, it was a great gift :)

after presents and stockings, we went to the Walkway of Lights in Marion. Here's a photo of one of my favorite displays, Shepherd Kneeling at the Cross

and...Christmas morning :)


Christmas was a pretty low-key day. Slept-in, watched the dogs play with their new toys :) , watched some Christmas specials I had dvred, then Raul and I went into Marion and saw Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Awesome, awesome movie and definitely one to see in the theater. Then, with Mom and Dad, we had Christmas dinner at a Chinese buffet in Marion. :)
I pray you all have had a blessed Christmas and have a great ending to 2010!

No comments: