Tuesday, November 16, 2010

how it goes

So the Experiment in Thankfulness is definitely a process. It proves that being in a state of thankfulness and not complaining really is a choice every single time you open your mouth or have a thought about something. It's tough...but He's been convicting me left and right, bringing down my pride, and showing me that I complain and have negative thoughts an awful lot. That's not to say that I'm not a thankful person, because I really believe I am. But my complaining and negative thoughts tend to be on overdrive sometimes. It sounds so bad...but that's because it is. If there's a sin that we all struggle with but are reluctant to admit, it's that of complaining and negative thoughts. If you think of it, please pray for me. I've struggled a lot in the past week with all of this and could use your prayers.

Things I'm thankful for this week:
-the change of seasons. I love the colder weather, especially after an especially long bout with warm weather that was really hard on my health (and many others')
-my cousin Hallie. She's been serving in the military overseas for awhile now and comes home on Saturday. I'm really proud of her for serving her country for as long as she has.
-my job. Some days are still better than others (it will probably always be that way), but I'm still thankful for a job that challenges me to be a better, more patient, more understanding person. I'm not there yet, but this job definitely pushes me to be.
-my husband. He studies his butt off and is a straight A student. I could not be more proud. And, he still manages to show me a lot of love and support while he's studying his butt off :)

And lots of other things. God's blessed me so so much.

No comments: