Everytime I think about writing a blog, I realize that what I really want to write about it just too much to write on a public blog. I'll say though that I'm dealing with some sinful emotions, envy and some discouragement. I know that God has provided for every single need we have, giving us so much support and love and understanding from our family, but it doesn't stop the other feelings. And as much as I know that everything happens in His timing, as much as I pretend that I'm really okay with waiting for "things to happen"...it's hard. I guess it's interesting that this is happening as our church is starting a month-long Experiment in Thankfulness, a commitment to NO COMPLAINING for the month of November. Lord, help me to be thankful for what I have, to not be envious of others, and to praise You for Who You are, what You've done in my life, and how far You've brought me.
fall break weekend, Halloween at the Ft. Wayne Children's Zoo (a favorite place to go with my family when Brandon and I were kids)
2 comments:
Beautiful lake pictures!
The whole "No complaining" thing is such a great idea. I have to be careful daily since I don't want my children to grow up as complainers, so just picking a month to do it won't cut it, but it's a good place to start!
I hope you have a blessed season, Catie. ((hug))
I need a month with no complaining. I've needed that a lot today, because I feel like that's all I've done all day.
Post a Comment