A year ago today, Raul and I were in Guangzhou and it was the day before the big visa interview. A year ago tomorrow, Raul had his interview and got the visa that would allow us to come to the US. In other words, it was a day where our lives changed drastically.
It's hard to believe that it's already been a year. God has brought us through so much to bring us to this point, and though it hasn't always been an easy process, I'm thankful that we did it and that we made the step to move to the US. But it never would have happened if God hadn't completely blessed Raul's interview and we hadn't gotten the visa on our first try.
This past Saturday, Raul and I joined Mom and Brandon for a last-minute day trip to Chicago. Brandon is a collector of autographs and other collectibles and was seeking an autograph from Robert Downey Jr. to add to his collection. Downey was to be in Chicago accepting an award, so B wanted to meet him at the hotel and get him to sign something. Since a friend couldn't go, we 3 decided to join him and go shopping while Brandon waited at the hotel. At 7 :00, Brandon hadn't gotten him to sign anything (bummer) but did get some photos of him (favorable). We felt bad for him, but it wasn't a totally wasted trip. Mom, Raul and I got to walk a bit down Michigan Ave. then took a taxi over to Navy Pier. I hadn't been there in years (since Dana and I met up) and Raul had never been, so we had fun. Raul had his first experience at Build-a-Bear :) and we had some yummy food at the food court. All in all, though it was s short trip, it was fun. See facebook for photos....
And now I head into the busy part of our summer. Tomorrow, my mom, aunt, and I will go to Bloomington for 2 days for a Karen Kingsbury event. If you're familiar with her Baxter family books, you might appreciate the event we're attending, Baxter Family Reunion. Bloomington is where the books take place, so that's where it'll be held. Then Friday, we're off to Columbus with Mom and Brandon to see my aunt and uncle and spend some time with them. Then a week back at the summer laziness...then 4th of July, which is always a fun time and something I'm really excited about (think we'll be watching the fireworks in Indy). Then the next weekend we're headed on vaction with my parents...and it all starts to get busy from that point on. Hopefully at some point we'll be able to see the Mwenyas and Jamie who are headed back to the states for vacation, too. Lots going on!!
Monday, June 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment