I hit a milestone.
I started my book. I mean really started it. After months of talking about it, setting it as a goal for my summer, I really started it. And it was more than just picking at it like I have been for the past 9 months. I actually pulled out journals I wrote while in China and have started sticky-tabbing entries I want to use in the writing process. Why is this such a big deal? Because it took me forever just to get to this point. I guess all it took was a vacation to get me motivated. That and 9 months of reflection time.
Today I realized how glad I am I wrote journals obsessively for so many years. If it weren't for my journals, I know those 5 years would be a big blur in my memory. Both my web journals and hand-written ones will be coming in very, very handy. Now if I could just remember how to access that livejournal one I wrote in for awhile...in between when xanga was blocked and I started this one on blogger. Hmm....
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Caitlin, I'm so glad you kept journals! Good for you.
Worry can be so defeating, can't it? Right now I commit to remembering you in my prayers. I totally get the sadness of worry. really.
Way to go, Caitlin!
I'll be looking forward to reading the book as I'm sure you'll do a great job with it :o)
Post a Comment