Wednesday, April 28, 2010

small update

Sorry I've been a bad blogger lately. It's been an interesting week or so of school and things have picked up in the family area as well. Lots of things going on. But here are some quick updates.

-Raul finishes his classes on our anniversary, next Monday, May 3rd. Keep him in your prayers. He's continued to do so well on all of his exams thus far, so I know this one should be no exception, but...well it's always a concern when it comes to finals.

-I'm trying to figure out what to do for the summer. I lack so much motivation to get a job, but we really need the income for the summer. So I'm going to push myself to apply again for the online classes at the Japanese company and teach for them this summer. I got through most of the application process back in October, before my job became a semi-permanent deal, so hopefully I won't have to do much more to get hired. We'll see.

-We've been missing our Nanjing friends lots lately. It took several months for it all to kick in and the "newness" of everything US to wear off, but when it did, we were both hit pretty hard. We're happy in the US, but we miss people who've been a big part of our lives for the past 5 years.

- We finished an amazing book with our Sunday school class, Crazy Love, and it was amazing. Really life-changing. Read it if you have the chance. Or borrow our copy :)

-I'm in the midst of another book study, Lies Women Believe, with the girls at work. It's also amazing and really good stuff. I'm also enjoying the extra fellowship with the girls.

-And lastly, I'm trying to read 2 books at the same time (story of the search for John Wilkes Booth after Lincoln's assassination, and a travelogue on China), in addition to the book study. Never do this. It will hurt your brain.

No comments: