Wednesday, December 9, 2009

a real blog post?

I know it's been awhile since I've written anything incredibly interesting, but the time still isn't here. Sorry. I'm sure you're disappointed. Probably when we're on Christmas break after next week. But I will let you know that there's still no update on what's happening with my job. I'm still praying and asking that it will become full-time, but it's slow-going. Hopefully before we leave for break, I'll know something at least somewhat definitive.

And I'm still enjoying the job. There are days (well, probably most) where my favorite thing about it are the teachers I work with, but I still think it's all worth it for the "education" that I get. We have had a lot of frustration the past few days, probably due to the "quiet" week we had last week when 3 students were out sick nearly all week then all of them coming back at once and bringing a different vibe...bringing out the teachers' grumpy sides and impatience. There is a fine line between disciplining the students and just plain getting mad. I know I've struggled with that line. I'm trying my hardest, but goodness...when a student refuses to listen, is disrespectful, and will not be quiet? Oooooh, I struggle...and I know I'm not the only one. Call it "Christmas fever" I guess. We just need a vacation.

Well, maybe this was a real post...more about the continuous adjustment to American life to come later.

No comments: