Monday, December 14, 2009

praise report

Being the last week of school before break and feeling like I want to pull out my hair after an off-on sort of day, I'll make this short...still promising that I'll write more once we're on vacation.

I have felt y'all's prayers so very much, even the prayers that I know my dear friends have sent all the way from Nanjing. It's blessed my heart so much. I can report that I do officially have a job. :) I'm no longer "just" a substitute teacher, but a permanent fixture in the life skills classroom. Unfortunately, I'm not considered full-time, so I'm denied the benefits of full-time...but you know what? It's all good. This is the way He wants it, and I couldn't be more thankful. At this time, the school board cannot post the position as full-time, simply wanting to keep it as a substitute teacher position. Well...I've been there 2 months, so why not stay? I told Destiny and the principal that I really feel this is His timing. I have incredible peace about it and know that it's no coincidence that my first day back in the US education system that I ended up in that classroom. This is where He wants me, and He's asking me to wait just a little bit longer for the rest. I can wait. Raul and I have had nothing but blessings fall on us in the almost 4 months we've been in the US, so there's no reason to complain. I didn't expect to find something so permanent right away, with the current situation and financial crisis...and then this happened. I just...yeah, it's working out the way it's supposed to. So thank you all for praying and continue to keep me (and Raul) in your prayers.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm so glad that you are going to be permanently in Jay's room! It's been really comforting to me knowing that you're there after I dealt with the trauma of changing schools for him this year!
I forgot to tell you this morning that I ran into your dad yesterday in Muncie. He told Jason that he'd heard all about him!