Tuesday, September 22, 2009

random bits

Being home now allows me to become addicted to too much tv :p not good....

Thanks to my sister-in-law, I was able to read the last 2 books in the Twilight series. Thanks Amber! And the books were great. The last one was veeery long, but I can already see that it'll make a really cool movie.

Speaking of books, I've already read several since we've been back (forgot to count how many), and I have several on the bookshelf waiting for me. Thanks to Half Price Books (the best store ever), I have quite the eclectic mix, too...Captivating (by the Eldridges), a book about Mao and Nixon's meeting, a couple Karen Kingsbury books, a book on missions in Asia (ordered for free from Christianity Today). Lots of reading to do :) Not a problem for me.

Raul's had a lot of blessing in the area of paperwork. He's already working on application stuff for Ivy Tech and should have a social security number within a week. Everything's just happening so much faster than we'd expected. We've really been blessed so so much, showing us that this is really His plan for us. That's a good, comforting place to be.

James Dean Days is coming up this weekend...I never used to get so excited about it, but when I haven't been around for it in 6 years..I'm excited :) Hopefully the weather holds out. So we'll be spending some time there, and skipping my 10 year high school reunion. No lectures...I'm just not interested in going, and after seeing an old high school friend on Sunday, I know I won't be the only one not going.

We'll start going to a new church soon...it looks that way. I'm praying for some new ministry opportunities, good fellowship, and a chance to make some friends...not to mention growing stronger in our faith. I love being able to go to my dad's church, ministering with them...but I'm also glad my parents understand our spiritual needs.

Just a little bits of odds and ends.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!
The Dane with all the questions is back - what's this James Dean Days - thing? Will it be a dressing up event - cause then I really wanna see some photos :o)
Good to hear that all is working out with getting settled - and after years and years of CCTV you're allowed to be as addicted as you like to decent TV :o)
Marianne

Unknown said...

I've had Captivating for a long time now. I remember the night I bought it... I was stalling before going out with Paul for he first time. I was looking through books at the Family Christian bookstore in Muncie when a girl near me grabbed the book, handed it to me and said, "You MUST read this!"

Sadly, I haven't read it yet... but I think I'm going to now. Just because you reminded me I had it. :P