Things I love so far about being home...
-seeing my family for the first time in a loooong time (particularly my extended family that I hadn't seen in 3 years)
-breathing clean air and living in a quiet place
-catching up on the past 5 years of living outside the country
-yummy American food
-showing basically my entire life to Raul :) childhood memories, my college, the houses I lived in (he's seen the Wabash house, the Marion house, and of course the Fairmount house)
-coming back in time for football season and the tail end of baseball season
and many others
Things that freak me out so far about being home...
-not breathing dirty air and dust and living in a very noisy place
-accessing my blog and facebook freely :)
-hearing what I missed for the past 5 years while living outside the country (our nation needs prayer, as does the nation I lived in for 5 years)
-the amount of weight I'll probably put on the first month we're home :p I need to exercise more and remember that I'm not on vacation thisi time...I'm here to stay.
-every sign is bilingual! Before I left, you didn't see a lot of Spanish/English signs. Now, they're everywhere...on labels, instruction manuals...everything!
-how much Marion and IWU have changed. (well, for IWU, that's a "duh" moment) -HDTV and being able to pause, rewind, and play again live tv. weeeeird. I haven't really watched tv in 5 years, so pretty much all of it freaks me out.
-the fact that my parents are more in the 21st century than I am...Wii, text messaging, HDTV, blue ray dvds, ipod touch...stuff that I don't even understand :p I feel stupid (well, except for the texting part...just never thought I'd see my parents do it)
and many others
Eventually, I'll start writing real posts. I promise.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We're glad y'all are home! It was weird enough for us after the short time we were there, so we cant imagine how weird things must be for you.. You'll adjust soon :-)
Post a Comment