So, Raul and I have been singing the song that Carrie Underwood and Randy Travis did on Idol last week, and we really like it. Just downloaded it, and I'm reading the lyrics. And, we bought Kelly Clarkson's new cd today, after having downloaded My Life Would Suck Without You and I Do Not Hook Up. Interesting titles, I know. But the songs are fun. I'm interested to hear the others on the cd now.
Now to something a bit unrelated. There is so much joy in my heart from leading worship this morning. We as a team only did 3 songs this morning, to allow for one of the Filipino groups to do a worship set at the end of the service, but those 3 songs really moved the room in PICC. This week was one of those weeks where I didn't really feel in my heart like I had prepared enough (since it was "only 3 songs", one of which I'd just found out about yesterday), but He took over the rest, and even shamed me a bit that I didn't prepare enough. He doesn't need me though...He fills in where I lack, and I'm left speechless. Several came up to me after the service and offered comments on the worship and some of the Word and thoughts I'd shared in between songs, and all I could do was say thank you and point it back to Him. Honestly, I don't even how most of it came out, but I'm thankful to Him. And I'm also thankful for having the opportunity I had today, and everytime I lead worship at NICF. It always blesses my heart and makes me thankful for the calling He's placed on my heart in the area of worship. Thank you Father for the amazing gift of music.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment