-I realized that it's possible for me to be on a bus for 4 hours without feeling car-sick. This hasn't happened in awhile. I'm glad I felt okay, because I know I need to readjust when we move back to the States.
- The families and singles who were helping out with the conference (and the random wife who was minus a husband...that would be me) stayed at the hotel where the conference was held...it reminded me of a huge old villa/the White House. Those of us who stayed in this hotel didn't go outside of it for the next 4 days, except for the group photo. The first time I really breathed fresh air was this morning when we left.
-I'm glad the conference was held waaaaay outside the city. Kept us from being tempted to sneak out of a session and go downtown to spend money.
- We saw some miraculous things happen this weekend: healings, testimonies, new believers, and even victory over the evil one's attacks.
- I learned more about pr for healing...that it takes a lot of faith. Yes, this should be a "duh", but I didn't want to really practice it until this weekend. Now, I'm asking for a particular healing for someone close to me and believing it will happen soon.
- We were visited by the "higher ups" and told we had to stop certain activities...but this didn't happen til yesterday afternoon, so that gave us the whole evening to p&w til we fell down from exhaustion :)
- During last night's p&w, I learned that African dancing is a great form of exercise! I worked out some muscles that needed to be worked out, and it felt great to be able to p&w at the same time!
- I didn't look completely ridiculous while doing the dancing. Previously, I've looked like a total white girl while trying to imitate my African sisters. Last night, I let loose, let my arms and shoulders go (it's all in the arms and shoulders, actually), and had fun. Result: not completely looking like a white girl...just partly :)
- I haven't had that much fun leading p&w since... I don't remember when.
- Another result: I don't have much of a singing voice left. Let's hope it comes back by Saturday and Sunday when I have to lead worship again.
- Got to see some old Nanjingren friends, Tyler who is in Shanghai, and Leah who is in Guangzhou. Megan also came up and spent the weekend with us, which was so much fun.
- Went through many more chapters in the Word, and now I'm in II Samuel..gooo me :)
- Was able to encourage people in a workshop about reading the Word when I mentioned my current commitment...several asked for the 90 day reading schedule.
- Made a few new friends, surprisingly all of them American. That never happens!
- Came out of the weekend completely exhausted, but in the best way you can be exhausted...satisfied, rejoicing, and excited to see what He'll do now that the conference is over.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment