On the other side of the weekend, things were really good this weekend, despite the lingering virus stuff.
Saturday, Raul and I had a lazy morning at home, which was so nice. Then we headed into the city for a long worship rehearsal. I survived, but I knew my vocal cords and throat were taking a beating. I was worn out on the bus ride home. The next morning, the service really blessed my heart. I always enjoy singing Christmas carols at the NICF the Sunday before Christmas. Sometimes it's hard to get into the spirit of Christmas in China, but having a group like the NICF really helps :)
Raul and I did some gift exchange shopping for the English teachers and cell group parties this week...ended up getting each other's respective person for both parties which was funny...so we got them the same gift for both parties. It'll be fun to watch them open their gifts. I also bought a fun, fuzzy (and surprisingly really warm) pair of mittens from H&M and then got a little peeved that earrings I'd bought there were now half price. In fact, most of the jewelry was. Grrr. :p Still my new favorite store though. Rounding out the afternoon was more shopping at Carrefour and spending too much on groceries.
Then this morning...we woke up to -7 degree weather. Y'all, it's cooooold in Nanjing! Now if we could just have some snow...my Christmas would be pretty good.
Oh yeah, and the virus? Well, for the most part I'm much better, but the huge scab is still on my lower lip and the smaller one on my right. I look weird, and I think I worried a few students today. I'm just waiting for it to come off. Talking a lot in my classes today didn't help though...it kept stretching out, causing me some not-fun pain. Keep lifting me up. Would like for it to be gone by Wednesday afternoon when I have to moderate a spelling bee.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oooh! I love H&M! We don't have one here in San Antonio, but my sister introduced me to it when I visited here this summer in Fort Wayne. Very fun store!
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
Post a Comment