I really need some thoughts lifted up for my computer. Last night it was shutting down, so I went ahead and closed it. This morning when I went to load it in my bag for school, it wasn't shut down. The battery was dead, so I went ahead and just pushed the power off button to shut it down. At school, I tried to turn it on...and some not fun screens. The "improper shutdown" page came up with a countdown to a regular start for Windows, then up came a blue screen that said "preparing to dump free memory", or something like that. Catie went into a bit of a panic, needless to say. After crying, and ruining Raul's birthday a bit, we're not sure what will happen. I called Jiaxing to get his advice. Based on what I told him, he thinks it's fixable. So the tech guy at school was supposed to come and look at it, but he didn't come. Hopefully tomorrow morning...
In the meantime, please lift up my poor little laptop. It's a little over 2 years old, but it's been used (and a bit abused) in that short time. I was planning to move on from it when we moved to the US, but I wasn't ready to part with it yet (as in saving all the files to a hard drive and blah blah). Just ask with me that's it's fixable. But at least, praise Him, we have Raul's computer.
Speaking of, today is my hubby's 28th, so if you could wish him a happy birthday on here, that'd be great :0) I'll try to post photos of this afternoon's birthday lunch...eventually.
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aww, Catie. I'm so sorry about your computer! It sounds like the same thing the happened to my desktop last year. Yes, it was fixable, but I lost EVERYTHING that was on it. Hopefully you won't face that as well.
Happy Birthday to Raul! I'm only three months older? Heh, cool.
Post a Comment