Monday, December 1, 2008

keep on trusting

Update on the computer...it's still dead. The computer tech guy at school came and looked at it, a bit dumbfounded because he speaks Chinese and my computer speaks English. But what I think he said is that he can't fix it, because of said language barrier. So Dellon will contact his computer friend, and if he thinks he can fix it, I'll go into the city tomorrow to meet with him. If he can't, I'll be going to the electronic street downtown on Saturday to see if a computer shop there can look at it. Please continue to pr. Everytime I remember what's on there, I freak just a little bit...mostly it's the photos that I've lost. That's what upsets me the most. A lot of files were important, yes, but a lot of those I can replace. The photos will have to be re-gathered from various spots online. But anyway, I keep trusting....

In spite of this, or maybe because of this current computer crisis, I'm trying to stay positive and remember what I'm thankful for. I'm so thankful that I had this computer in times of sincere need. Being over here without it would have been so difficult. This computer also has sentimental value in that it was an indirect gift from my grandfather after he passed away. It kept me in touch with Raul while we were still long-distance. It's kept me in touch with my family from 8000 miles away. So, needless to say, there's a lot attached with this piece of hardware. But again, I know that when you lose things like this, it's His way of reminding you not to trust in stuff...but to trust in Him. It's also to teach me to let go of some things that weren't needed in my life.

That said...yeah this whole thing stinks just a bit, but I'm going to try to learn something from it. I know a lot of people have gone through this, and though it seems trivial to some, it's heart-breaking when you go through it. So just bear with my thoughts...

Be blessed.

1 comment:

Davis Family said...

I SO hear you on this post. We have had our computer either quit or crash three times in the past year and have lost more pictures that I like to think about. I'm missing three whole months of Benjamin's life in pictures. So I just wanted to let you know that this is not a trivial thing. :) Hope it gets resolved quickly!