It's been a rough week, in more ways than one...and it's only Wednesday. I won't go into all that, but I will say that I rest in the fact that He's on the throne and in control.
Speaking of which... Last night, anxious about the election results because of the time difference and really feeling led to lift up some thoughts...I did just that. But I still had trouble sleeping last night. I woke up a few times with dreams of the elections outcome. 12 hours later, they were right...I think I even remember some of the electoral college numbers that were in my head showing up on the screen at 12:30 this afternoon. Strange...I know.
So where am I going with all this? Well, just this. No matter who you voted for, remember how painless this election was. By painless, I mean that this was the first time in awhile that there was no controversy, no "hanging chad" business, no malfunctioning machines, etc etc. No one contested the victory. We had nothing but humbleness and graciousness in this election, despite all the nastiness that preceded it. I was actually surprised that when I came back to my classroom at 12:10 after 2 classes, the vote counting was already over and Obama was the projected winner. Based on past elections, I was expecting something to go on til around 2pm. Not this time. And I think I was relieved. He answered that little pr of mine.
So my next point... Now that it's over, we all need to be unified and lift up our president-elect. He has a lot to look forward to, and he'll need all of our prs.
I wanted to write more...but I'm exhausted. That's all I got.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment