So I didn't want to tell the joke, but I'm not exactly in the mood to take a photo of myself in my #18 shirt...this is what you get instead. If you've already heard this joke, I'm sorry. It makes me smile though.
So Tom Brady dies and when he gets up to the gates of heaven, God is there to meet him. He takes Tom on a tour, showing him the mansions on the golden streets. When they get to Tom's, he sees that, though it's beautiful, it's tiny compared to the one next door. The one next door is huge, decked out in blue and white, singing the praises of the Colts and Peyton Manning. "But God, why does Peyton get a bigger, better mansion than I do?" Tom asks. "I won more Super Bowls than he did, I was one of the best quarterbacks there is. Why is his bigger than mine?" "Oh," replies God, "that's not Peyton's mansion. That's mine!"
:)
The 2nd big week at the NICF to welcome new people went great with a huge turnout. I just love the beginning of the school year. I say this every year, and it's so true. There's a new energy to it, seeing new people in the congregation, and even on the streets of Nanjing...a new energy that gets through September :) Then you start to wane a little bit... but in any case, having newbies is so much fun. Raul, Jamie, and I took 2 of them to lunch, Amy from England, and Andy from Arizona, then Raul and I introduced them to the wonderful-ness of the Times foreign grocery store. Big smiles all around :) Spent way too much money, but one of our purchases included half price tortilla shells (I'm gonna make tacos this week!), Dr. Pepper, and hot fudge sundae poptarts! Yeah, that was pretty exciting to see :)
Back to the daily grind of starting school tomorrow...let the routine begin!
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment