Thursday, September 4, 2008

back at it

Back at it, for our last year.
I'm not going to get nostalgic or emotional...yet.

Back at school. Turns out we have almost more new students than returning students, which is, I'll admit, unfortunate. There are only 6 students applying for the English track, which I guess I should be thankful for...but I hope for Mr. Ahn's sake that the program continues to grow over time. It was so nice to see the students, though. They're so happy to see you, yelling "Teacher! Teacher!" Big smiles on their faces, fist-bumping going on with us (is that what it's called? I'm a loser). It was a fun time today seeing the students. Raul and I went with Bryant and Cherry into the city after our teacher meetings to shop at the foreign language bookstore. I bought some maps, cool dictionaries (again, I'm a loser, I know), a fun US question and answer encyclopedia, and a Newsweek magazine with McCain and Palin on the cover (by the way, I'm going to get political for a second and say that I really like Palin so far).

It's good to be back.... but I might have different words after next week is over :p

No comments: