Sunday, September 14, 2008

another attempt at cooking

Boy, I'm getting daring all of a sudden :) Well, not really, but for me, it was a leap.

After my "going crazy" at the Times store last weekend, I had the urge to make a lot of fun stuff, one of which was tacos with the half price tortillas and refried beans I bought. At Carrefour yesterday, I bought some salsa/tomato sauce type stuff, chicken breasts, lettuce, and some new sort of "cheese cream" (explanation below) to add to the tacos, and I was pretty excited. So last night, I learned how to make shredded chicken (don't laugh...it was fun), I got all the other stuff together, and the tacos turned out fabulously :) And to go with them, I made this recipe for roasted green beans I'd found online. Wanting to use the olive oil I'd bought, I started looking up tons of recipes that I could do here (a bit limited on some), and I found this one. So easy and quick, but so so good. Yay for trying new things! :)
Raul's eyes are closed...just focus on the food :)
yuuummm!!! my wife is a good cook!
funny "cheese cream", the closest equivalent to Cheese Whiz I've seen in China. anything is an improvement since the country really doesn't produce much dairy except for lots of yogurt and some milk. any cheese you find is processed or imported.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is it just me or is someone turning into quite the little housewife with all this cooking of yours ;o)