My husband thinks this is funny, and I guess everyone needs a good "culture shock" story, so this is mine. There are actually 2 from Davao, but the other one I think I'll share in my reflections at the end of the trip. If I forget, remind me. Anyhoo. So...
We were in our 2nd room at the hotel in Davao (the first one had a lot of ants, and we were worried about being attacked). This is a new hotel, just opened last week, and they're still working out a lot of kinks. Pest problems is one of them. So we were in our second room, and so far so good...til Catie wanted to take a shower. I went into the bathroom. Above the door is a big opening before the top ceiling (very tall rooms), and next to this I saw a lizard. I freaked out a bit, and so did he...he tried to run out but he tripped :) and fell to the floor. Raul saw it and freaked out a bit, but then he said the lizard ran out the door. We put a suitcase in front of the door so he couldn't come back.
The next morning, I saw my croc sandal on the floor with some nasty brown liquid inside. I picked up my shoe and under was a squashed lizard covered with ants. Ew ew ew. I washed out my shoe and Raul used newspaper to pick up the lizard and toss it outside. We have no idea how it ended up under my shoe, if this was the lizard who really didn't leave...we have no idea. But yeah...nasty nasty nasty.
We won't be staying at that hotel again. If it ends up LP next Philippines book, I'll complain.
So there you have it. The lizard story.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment