Tuesday, June 17, 2008

the rains came down...

and back home, the floods came up.

My thoughts are with all the flood victims back home. Rivers continue to rise, and I know there are so many people affected.

We continue to have weeeird un-Nanjing-like weather. It was so cool last week. We haven't seen the sun in I don't know how many days, and today it finally rained...and it's been raining since before lunch. We heard it'll be the wettest summer Nanjing's had. Not something to look forward to, but hopefully we'll be gone for part of it. As long as it keeps the heat away, though, I'm all for it. Being here for another furnace summer is something I don't look forward to.

Be in thought for my 2 pregnant friends who draw closer and closer to their due dates. Britt's due date is Friday, and Alycia is due the 2nd week of July. It's exciting, though it hasn't quite given me baby fever yet (though many NICF people want it to...back off, we've only been married a month and a half!).

And the week trudges on...

No comments: