Thursday, June 19, 2008

little tiny update

I'm a complete dork, I must confess. The highlight of my week so far has been receiving my new textbook for the English track literature course I'm teaching next year. I've been glancing through this book and even reading some bits off and on all day. Geek, I know. Make fun of me. The book weighs more than the weights I use to exercise. Maybe I should start lifting my lit book instead. Hmmm

By the way, keep Landon and Alycia in your thoughts. She's not due until the 9th, but yesterday they went to Shanghai to their hospital because she was having contractions. By the time they got to the hospital, they had stopped, but the doctor advised them to stay as the baby was probably on her way. So they're there...waiting. "Not yet", according to Landon. The African couple in our fellowship had a baby girl yesterday. And Britt is due tomorrow. The one who was supposed to be first (Britt), may end up being last... "the last shall be first, and the first shall be last"

No comments: