Don't you hate it when you get all hyped on your blog about how you have absolutely nothing to do on the upcoming weekend and you're so excited about it, then you remember...
Oh yeah, you have graduation this weekend.
Argh. I feel so stupid for forgetting and even worse that I have to go. Well, that's only partly true. I'm going to miss a lot of the students that are graduating. But I was really looking forward to what I thought was a free Saturday. At least it's nothing major that requires me going into the city though. I guess that's a plus. Yay for a semi-free Saturday.
Tonight I was hubby-free (he was tired and needed some "Raul time" at the gym) and went into the city to meet up with the good ole CPU American group. This group has been coming faithfully for I think almost 8 years now? I met with Ida, Archie, and another older gentleman to take them to Ajisen Ramen for dinner. My old friend Gwen (who I replaced at CPU all those years ago) didn't join us, but I got to chat with her for a few seconds. It's always interesting seeing all of them once a year. And this year, as a married woman. Last year when I saw them, Raul and I weren't even engaged yet. How things changed... But He blessed our time together, sharing and catching up and hearing about their week with CPU. Made me a bit nostalgic for the CPU days.
Speaking of nostalgic, did I mention that I'm homesick? Yeah. Please lift me up. I wanted Ida to pack me away in her suitcase tonight and take me home.
Lastly, at 2:28pm, til 2:31pm, China stood still to remember the people in Sichuan. It was eerily silent as the sirens went off for a minute. The Chinese pa system announced the pause. I stopped my Middle School A listening class for them to have a moment alone, then I lifted it up in English and a student followed in Korean. It was a special moment in China, something I may not forget for a very long time. Please continue to lift up the people here, that things will be done to help. The death count is so high, survival is slim for those still trapped and lost. He is needed here.
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment