I'm looking forward to a weeked where I have absolutely nothing to do. After a month of non-stop craziness, it's more than well-deserved, believe me. So this coming Saturday, Raul and I get that weekend. It's also the weekend my brother is getting married, so that should give me plenty of time to be homesick :( Please lift me up in your thoughts... I'm so incredibly homesick lately. An example...
my Hoosier friend Sonya who lived here 3 years ago was visiting this weekend, and yesterday during lunch, she was telling a few of us what she'll do after her year in Qingdao is over...the hotel will move her to Singapore or Dubai then possibly to Chicago when they open their hotel there. Now, my response was passive during the Singapore and Dubai bit of the story (to the average person, that news would be pretty big) , but when she said Chicago, my face lit up. Pathetic...homesick Catie. I'm relying on my husband a lot.
Speaking of which...though this was yet another busy weekend, it brought some really great moments for the newlyweds. On Saturday we were able to enjoy gift vouchers to a (fairly) new German restaurant/lounge/bar called Secco. It's right next to the lake, on the other side of the wall, in a gorgeous area that I never knew existed. The restaurant is really expensive, but we were able to enjoy our vouchers, each getting a meal and cocktail afterwards. Sitting outside on the balcony...it was pretty perfect. Afterward, we made our first shopping trip to Carrefour to get some groceries and household things. Call me a nut, but this is one of my favorite things about being married (the list is growing, huh?)...going shopping together for our apartment. I really enjoy those kinds of things. I loved it when I was in college and my roommates and I would make Walmart runs, and I loved shopping with Britt when we were living together (the few times we actually went shopping together). I guess I'm weird like that.
On Sunday, the service went so well. When His hand is in it, nothing can go wrong. Afterward, several us were able to have Xinjiang food with Sonya and chat a bit, then it was home early for me and Raul...a nice change from the busyness.
Wedding photos are being printed and will be picked up today. Our apartment is slowly getting organized and adjusted.
The Father has been good.
Continue to lift up the people of Sichuan. We had testimonies yesterday of a couple of people that were there in the earthquake but made it back to Nanjing safely. NICF has also given an offering to help. As the death count rises...keep lifting up this nation.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment