Sunday, March 2, 2008

another busy weekend

I'm not such a huge fan of busy weekends that seem almost as busy as my week and I'm not sure life will really calm down til this summer. But I guess that's life this year...go go go all the time.
Friday night I went to Danielle's around 9pm (bit late) to meet with her tailor. He was younger than I'd expected (picture in my mind of an old man, rather short, with a tape measure around his neck). Thanks to Danielle's Chinese ability, we were able to explain exactly what I want the dress to lool like, and thanks to her expertise in the are of wedding dress-making, the tailor got a few tips as well. It's going to be so beautiful :) I can't wait. So he'll be making a "practice dress" for me in the next couple weeks, then after I try that on and it fits, he'll cut into the fabric and make the real thing :) Yay yay. And the cost? Still cheaper than any wedding dress I'd find in the US, around 150 USD. That's including the cost of the silk and chiffon, plus the tailoring. Pretty good deal :) And I get it exactly the way I want it. Can't beat that.

Yesterday was a full day at a worship workshop on worship leading. Uli brought in a dvd by the fabulous Paul Baloche that talks about the heart of worship leaders and how to lead, both technically and otherwise. It was really helpful for me, as a current worship leader, then helped us pull out future worship leaders. For today's worship set, we chose different leaders for each song, all new worship leaders (with the exception of me. the leader for one song got stage fright so I did it). And Raul was one of the leaders. So proud of him :) It turned out to be a great opportunity and hopefully will lead us in a new direction for new leadership in the coming months and years even. We can see how the Father is really growing this ministry. But at the same time, I can see how the evil one is trying to weasel his way in and spread negative things. Keep the ministry in your thoughts...

Landon and Alycia are back, and they've announced they're having a girl :) My old roommate Britt may also be having a girl, and Jean (who is due around my birthday) is having...I can't remember :( But it's an exciting time in the fellowship for all the families. Today I held Laurel's newborn, William, and she asked me "are you ready for this Caitlin?" Am I ready for that step? Not quite yet... :) But the marriage part can't come soon enough.

No comments: