We're back...and it's cold!
Well, it's not that bad, but compared to the 80 degrees we left at 3am this morning...it's cold :) And there are patches of the snow storm left, too...intermixed with firecracker red paper everywhere (I'm not kidding...the concrete and snow outside my building looks like it's bleeding). I can't say I'm sad I missed both events. Though, I'm glad to be home.
So yeah, at 2am, practically 10 minutes after I felt asleep (at least it felt that way), I woke up, Raul and I ate a quick "breakfast" at the guesthouse we stay at in Manila, then we headed out to get a taxi to the airport. Manila airport was surprisingly full of people at 4am, and we left at 6:30 for Hong Kong. Yiiikes. So so tired. But the flights were so short, you couldn't really sleep. So I watched an episode of CSI on their inflight service... I love Cathay Pacific :) Even on an hour flight, you get tv channels. After a 2 hour layover in HK, we boarded a very empty plane for Nanjing. Immediately after we got our luggage, I almost wanted to hop on a plane back to Philippines when I had to go through hassles getting us a mien bao to pukou ("bridge, traffic"...duh, yeah, I know, I live in pukou. and I'm not paying 400 for you to take me there). SO we took a regular metered taxi and paid 50 kuai less than I thought we would. Take that stinky drivers! Welcome back to China, Catie...
Facebook is giving me grief at the moment so I can't upload photos...I'll let you know when I do.
Be blessed y'all.
And happy birthday to my wonderful Dad!!!! :)
Friday, February 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment