Wednesday, February 6, 2008

3 cities in 2 days

Other than the events on Sunday, not a whole lot has happened since the last time I blogged...
not really.
We've been in 3 different cities in the past 2 days and on one very ziggy-zaggy road through the mountains of southern Mindanao on our way to Davao from Mati.
We left Raul's hometown on Tuesday morning (I'm so screwed up on my days and dates here, it's not even funny) and took the van with his mom back to Davao where we met up with his sister and finished some more shopping in the NCCC mall. I bought a couple more gifts and we both got some more dried fruit goodness...y'all are gonna have a hard time getting some, because I'm so tempted to keep all of it for myself that I bought as gifts :p Last night Raul and I went back to the ihaw ihaw restaurant where we went the first time in Davao, had some good grilled food, and, (my analysis anyway) the best halo halo dessert (I'll show you photos once I can get them uploaded). We had halo halo a few times, but I think this one, served in a hallowed coconut, is my favorite.

Back to Sunday. Raul was invited to share a bit at his old church that his family attended for 15 years. It was nice to be at another church and get a feel for the worship styles. We saw a very cute kids choir special too :) Following the service, we headed with JJBC, the current church, to Gregorio Beach Resort for a lunch fellowship/potluck and a mini service. Then the women's group had a meeting while the men and children (and foreigner) took in the sun and some swimming. That evening, we arrived late at the evening service, but just in time to hear and share testimonies. I had the opportunity to share about His goodness and faithfulness on this trip...more of which I'll share later when my blogs aren't so "diary-like". So don't worry...you'll get a full reflection of this trip once I can catch my breath back home in Nanjing.

We're in Manila til 3:30 AM on the 8th when we have to leave for our flight to Hong Kong/Nanjing at 6:30. A little more shopping to do in Manila, and maybe another sight to see...

Be blessed y'all. And I'll see you back in China land!

No comments: