Friday, January 25, 2008

still in Davao

So mama Kaparaz's suggestion was to stay in Davao another day since we really weren't in a rush to get to Mati and Raul still needed to do a couple more errands in the city that he can't do in Mati. I haven't seen him much, except at meals, since we've been here...he's been busy doing medical exams, processing overseas foreign workers papers, and other odds and ends that he can't do with a pesky girl at his side ;) so I've been enjoying his family a lot. Today his mom and I went shopping. I found material to make a Filipiniana style blouse that I'll wear with black on the bottom for the reception...just need to tailor it in Nanjing. Also found lots of little souvenir gifts to take back to Nanjing, and mostly just enjoyed spending time with Mom. She's so sweet and so gracious, and I'm glad to have such a great mother-in-law. When a fruit vendor asked today who I was, she replied, "That is my daughter" :) I was so touched.

So tomorrow morning we'll take a van to Mati and start the "relaxing part" of the vacation. I already know that it's going to be so tough to leave and go back to my job and the real world in Nanjing...but the Philippines is pretty great :)

No comments: