Wednesday, January 23, 2008

chillin' in Davao

After just a day and a half in Manila, we flew to Davao city, the largest city in Mindanao, the southernmost of the "big islands", and just a 2 1/2 hour ride away from Mati, Raul's hometown. Right off the bat, I liked Davao better than Manila. According to my Lonely Planet, it's the 2nd largest city in the world in land area...what the largest is, I have no idea.
His family has been amazing. They are so much fun to hang out with, we make each other laugh, they're interesting, warm, friendly, and they've taken me in as their daughter/sister. I couldn't ask for a better experience, to be honest. No weirdness at all.
We've been hanging in Davao, shopping, having awesome Filipino food (Raul and I will gain 10 kilos on this trip, I'm sure). We've done some wedding shopping, too...and that's been fun to do with my sister and mother-in-law. :) They're enjoying it probably more than me! :)
Tomorrow morning we'll head to Mati and I'll finally see where he grew up, spend some time on the beach, and just enjoy the islands.
Be blessed y'all!

No comments: