Sunday, January 13, 2008

big, fluffy white stuff falling from the sky

Guess what we woke up to in Nanjing this Sunday morning?

Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it was pretty exciting. It was forecasted, and my response was "Yeah, right. I won't hold my breath." I was being realistic, since it's only really happened twice since I've lived here. But then last night, before Jamie and I were heading to bed, Raul sent me a text from where he was staying in the city, "babe, it's snowing!" Well, unfortunately, it wasn't in the part of the city where Jamie lives, so I was disappointed. But I had a glimmer of hope. Then, lo and behold, this morning, big flat flakes of fluffy white stuff were falling consistently outside. I can't tell you how big the smile on my face was :) I went to wake Jamie up, then took some pictures.

So, as wonderful as snow is, it's a huge pain in the be-hind when you live in a big city and rely on public transportation. I had to be at the fellowship early to run through the worship songs again this morning, and Mr. Prenevost, Isaac, and I had a horrible time getting a taxi, then got on a bus, waited forever at Zhongshanmen for a bus that wasn't stacked with people, but then fought people off to get a taxi.

The service this morning, though in another building, a bit chaotic...He completely showed up and blessed the service. Leading worship this morning was a great experience, and with Jeff's sermon...the whole morning was great.
Followed by more fluffy white stuff, still falling outside, before lunch, after lunch, on the way to pukou, and even at my apartment complex. Check out the photos...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=671&l=5e09c&id=517369511

And see my new haircut :)

No comments: