Christmas music on 97.9 rocks :) It's nice to hear that some new Christmas music is being put out.
On to the good news from this weekend...
I have a wedding dress!!!!
it's just not in the form of a dress yet :)
Yeah, that's the catch. But it was so much fun going to Shanghai to the fabric market to shop for and buy the material. I've been in Shanghai for over 3 years, and this will be the first time I've had anything made. It's pretty exciting that it's my wedding dress :) The market Danielle took me, Megan, and Kim to turned out to be great, and we found my fabric pretty quickly, a duchess satin material with a sort of chiffon material for the bell part of my sleeves and maybe a bit of trim at the top of the dress. It goes well with my mom's veil (which also made the trip to Shanghai with us, all 7 feet of it :) At the same spot, we found material for the bridesmaids dresses, a good match to the fake flowers Mrs. Prenevost had found in Nanjing. It was amazing to get all of it done in just an hour...felt very productive :) I'll share some photos from that process once my wonderful photographer Meg posts them up.
After the market experience, the 4 of us met Chris and old friends Tanya and Pieter at Element Fresh for lunch. Element Fresh was a new, really great experience for me...full of foreigners, great food (sandwiches, soups, and humongo salads) in a Mediterranean type decor. Very good lunch, and it was so nice to see Tanya and Pieter again. :)
Kim, Megan and I split from everyone else and meandered down busy Shanghai streets toward the metro, but got detoured in a search for North Face jackets for them. I was along for the ride that took us into side streets and hutongs, secret passages, movable walls...stuff that you don't really see in Nanjing because it's all out in the open here. :) Shanghai is a-changin'... Nanjing hasn't quite caught up yet. Then we were off to Ikea...followed by an hour wait in the taxi line under Ikea during rush hour, where Kim and Megan decided to entertain our fellow taxi-waiters with The 12 Days of Christmas several times, complete with motions the last couple times. :) I have it on video, don't worry. Once we got in our taxi, my energy had returned somewhat, and I joined in the singing for another video as we entertained our taxi driver. At first he was very enthusiastic...but then as the song got longer...I think he just got annoyed. No fun.
Arriving at Nanjing station at close to 11 and getting up at 7:15 this morning to do worship took its toll on me, but everytime I think about the wedding dress...yeah, it brings a little smile :)
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment