A couple updates to share. The Father's been blessing our wedding plans immensely as I was able to go to a meeting for Americans hosted by the Shanghai consulate service. I asked about Raul being able to travel to the US once we're married, and then also figured out some technical questions about changing my name after we're married. Some of it's a lot of mafang(hassle), but as long as I'm Mrs. Kaparaz in my heart right after we're married, the changing of the passport and all that will come :) No worries. But it was a big praise to get all this information in person and not all disorganized-like on the internet.
Another praise, Raul and I asked some dear friends to start meeting with us on a regular basis to mentor us and go through some material my parents sent from the states. So grateful and blessed to be moving onto this step with them, and thrilled that we have people in our lives that we can share with.
The Philippines trip is also moving along, and we'll be leaving January 20th, as soon as finals are finished. We'll be there about 2 weeks or so, and his mom is helping us with an itinerary for once we're there...including a "cruise" type thing that will take us back to Manila from Davao at the end of our trip :) It's exciting.
And last but not least...He's blessing me with things to do over the holiday as we decided last night that Megan will visit on Monday, stay with me Christmas Eve for a dinner with Raul and possibly the Sudcalenes, then hang out Christmas morning while we "teach" a couple classes before going into the city for the fellowship's celebration. I'm glad to have the chance to spend time with Megan, and I know He'll bless it.
Hope things are well for y'all...and I leave you with this photo taken outside my classroom window. This fog didn't lift until around lunchtime. When I left my apartment to go to work this morning, I couldn't see 20 feet in front of me. Nanjing winter at its finest...
No comments:
Post a Comment