Happy Saturday y'all :)
It's rainy and gray outside, no hint of snow in sight, but despite that and the impending muddy-ness that pukou has, I'm trying to smile. Because...
1. it's the weekend :) this week has flown by like no other, probably because I'm so stinkin' busy. Not a moment to rest until finals are over and Raul and I are in the Philippines (we're doing everything to make sure it's as stress-free as possible). This weekend I'm actually staying at my apartment both nights, mainly because of the activities going on at my house tonight...
2. my homeroom students, Middle School E, are coming over for a Christmasy thing/pizza dinner/brownie cake for one of the students birthday. It'll be interesting with 10 teenagers in my apartment (the most people ever over here), and even after what they put me through yesterday...I'm still looking forward to it.
3. what did they put me through? after I spent a whole QT talking about Santa vs. The Son...and how Christmas is more than just Santa and getting gifts...my students called me out in the middle of my class and basically claimed I wasn't doing enough for them this year as far as getting them food and goodies . I won't go into this hurt my feelings and how I felt like I had to defend myself to my 16 year old students...I won't go into that. After feeling hurt yesterday and one of my best students (and one of my favorites) writing a little note to apologize for her classmates...and a night of fuming about it... I'm going to go past it, and hopefully teach my students something in process as they come over tonight. Pr for me and my students.
3. Our cell group Christmas dinner last night was so fun. We had dinner at Jimmy's Pizza, all 20 of us, and did the gift exchange game after. I've never seen such sneakiness as people stole each other's gifts...the game went on for awhile :) But we had fun. And I walked away with 2 cans of Dr. Pepper...so I was happy...though Megan stole the black hat and scarf from me :( :)
4. and last but not least...as I'm cleaning my house and making cake brownies for tonight...WGNR has Christmas 24/7 until midnight Christmas night...starting 2 hours ago :) That just makes me happy :)
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment